black t shirt
A Breath of Fresh Air
Not convinced that snowshoeing is worth your time? Well, here are 7 reasons to give it a try.
- Easy Learning Curve: If you can walk, you can snowshoe. Just try to keep your tips up as you step forward and you will be trail ready. The ease of snowshoeing makes it a great family activity!
- Great Exercise: Burn off that holiday weight. Snowshoeing can burn between 300 to 600 calories an hour! Did you know that you would have to brush your teeth roughly 157 times in a day to burn an equivalent amount??
- Low Impact on Your Body and the Environment: Akin to walking, snowshoeing is a low impact activity. You are walking on snow and the movements involved avoid hard shocks to your tendons and ligaments. Snowshoeing is also low impact on the environment since snow buffers the impact on trails, lessening trail erosion. Plus, who needs gas, calories are your fuel.
- Fantastic Way to Observe Nature: Snowshoeing is great for observing nature and appreciating the scenery. Snowshoeing is a silent sport increasing your chances of seeing wildlife. Also by moving slowly you will be able to see and study winter wildlife tracks. Bring a camera or have the one on your smartphone handy because you never know what you might see! Plus, your friends on social media will love it.
- Relatively Inexpensive: Compared to alpine (downhill) skiing equipment and season passes, snowshoeing is a drop in the bucket. You can rent a pair for a fraction of the cost of a lift ticket. If you buy a pair that’s likely the last associated cost you will have.
- Action: Snowshoeing doesn’t have to be a slow walk in the snow. With the right kind of shoes, usually those with metal cleats, you can ascend a steep slope. And if the snow is deep enough, throw yourself off all sorts of features. Just probe the landing zone first.
- Fun: Snowshoeing is fun! It’s fun to go out alone, it’s fun with a friend or as a date activity, and it’s fun to go with a group or as a family outing.
- BONUS Reason: Snowshoeing makes LOTS of things (that you might have been taking for granted) even BETTER! Such as: hot chocolate, warm blankets, a fire in the fireplace, and rosy cheeks.
Snowshoeing is a great, all around outdoor activity on its own but many people like to incorporate it into extended outings such as winter camping or specific site-seeing journeys. If you are considering your first adventure, it’s a good idea to seek professional help – a guide service that has knowledge of local history and resources.
If you would like to give snowshoeing a try, we know where you can find snowshoe tours which include the cost of rental in the trip. Give us a call or email to book your snowshoe adventure today! – your Swiftwater Adventures Team
You can see more: lưới an toàn cửa sổ
write by Giselle