Check our Latest products!
A floor made of wood is truly elegant in a home and we must take additional care to prevent the floors get damaged. Cleaning wood floors are easy and simple. Plus there are lots of commercially available cleaning products specifically made for wood.
1. Regular sweeping of your floors, use a soft bristled broom.
2. Regular vacuuming can get dirt and sand. They can scratch your floors,
3. Don’t wipe wood floors with a wet mop or wet rug.
4. Water is the worst enemy of wood floors. If you see spilled water, wipe it immediately with dry mops and dry rugs. Don’t let the water stand in.
5. Use doormats on every door’s entrances. Clean them always.
6. Ask your wood floor manufacturer on what special treatments should you use on your floor because there are different wood floor finishes.
7. Sunlight can damage your wooden floors. It can discolor your floor and age it quickly. Protect your floor by installing curtains, drapes, or blinds on every window in your house.
8. Don’t drag your furniture because it can scratch and damage your wood floors. You can either put furniture pads beneath it or lift it.
9. Heavy shoes and high heels can dent your floors.
Types of Wood Floors
Solid floors are good for customization, it comes as finished or unfinished.
A wood floor that consists of 3-5 layers of wood. It is more stable than solid floors.
Acrylic Impregnated Flooring
Great for commercial and high traffic areas, the acrylic impregnated wood floors are very heavy-duty and hard. The wood is injected with acrylic that seals it and makes it really strong.
Not Your Typical Wooden Floors
1. Laminated Floors – this is a cheap and most accepted flooring today. The installation and cleaning is very easy.
2. Cork Floors – easy to install, hypo-allergenic, and eco-friendly. It is also an affordable choice. Cork floors are exceptional insulators. It is also rot-free and resistant to moisture because it contains Suberin. Since corks are softer than hardwood floors, it is in fact recommended for the reason that it is one of the noise-free floors existing today.
3. Bamboo Floors – a very beautiful and cheap flooring. It is also very durable and longer lasting. It is a smooth floor but comparatively harder. Since bamboos re grasses, it makes them eco-friendly. They also grow fast and tall.
4. Antique Wood Floors – another increasingly popular alternative for wood floors. It gives off an antique appeal in your house. They are reasonably priced and eco-friendly.
When choosing your wooden floors, bear in mind the design of your house and your budget. You might want to do some research on what type of floors you would want in your house. There are also different colors to choose from.
write by Oralie