Check our Latest products!
Green Design… Sustainable Interior Design… Eco Design.
Eco-friendly homes are cleaner, more cost-effective and more fun! They consume less, do more, last longer, support your local community and help you to connect with the outside world. No matter how you state it, “Green Design” has become the responsibility of all. Not only can it be budget-friendly, it is environmentally conscious as well. Here are some tips on how to be more efficient and effective with you interior environment while at the same time, considering the “exterior” environment.
- It’s been said over and over but is worth repeating….Reduce, reuse and redesign. These ideas will help you to conserve resources and decrease amount of waste in the world. It will make your home interior more personal, unique and meaningful.
- Make your home a shoe-free zone. Remove your shoes and you’ll reduce harmful house dust by up to 90 percent.
- Windows are the leakiest part of one’s home; double glazing, low-e glazing and installing thick, lined curtains to keep the heat in and drafts out.
- Opt for fabrics that are colored by natural dyes, reducing the amount of pollutants in your home and in our water supply.
- Plan for the future when purchasing new furniture and choose items that will stay with you for years. Consider comfort, removable covers and fire-retardant materials.
- Choosing an old-fashioned, wind-up alarm clock is a way to avoid electromagnetic radiation and unnecessary use of electricity in the bedroom.
- When painting a room, choose low VOC – or even better, natural paints containing only healthy ingredients such as chalk, linseed oil, earth pigments, etc. (Painting has now been officially recognized as a dangerous and unhealthy trade!)
write by Dempsey