Check our Latest products!
1. I currently use my wooden toy chest as a storage for shoes at the entrance of my doorway. My toddlers will dig through the shoes and find the matching pair. Then they will close the lid of the toy chest and sit on top of it to begin putting on their shoes.
2. You can store your pillows from your bed in them just before going to bed. You know those pillows that you always toss at the end of the bed or to the side because realistically you don’t use them, they are just decorative pieces in your home. If you have a wooden toy chest that you can place a cushion on the top or opening of the lid, it would be the perfect decor for any room of the house.
3. You can use a chest as a storage container for all your handbags or purses. This is a great way to add a little decoration and style to your collection. You can get a style that matches who you are or you can even place fabric or a shawl over the toy chest. Toy chests come in different styles such as box, traditional, classic and even personalized.
5. Men can store all their different hats they collect that they won’t get rid of. My dad always collected hats throughout the many years of his life. He always says it builds character and its added accessories just like women use hair bows or earrings.
6. A great way to hide the unwanted mail, newspapers or even magazines is to place them in the toy chest for storage. You can choose a small size wooden toy chest and place as a decorative piece in your kitchen, living room or even the bathroom (instead of a magazine rack).
7. You can organize your clothing by season. You can exchange winter for spring or summer for fall by placing them in the wooden toy chest.
8. You can store your garden hose, your garden shovels or planter boxes. You can also store outside toys such as slip-n-slide, plastic rake or shovel and place them in your building and garage to use for the following year. If you have a fire pit in your backyard, a great way for extra company would be the toy chest. This adds a unique and comfortable way of making marshmallows and s’mores.
9. You can create a place to store your memories such as pictures, albums or even childhood memories. I know my children get a huge amount of papers of art projects, coloring papers and crafts that they completed at school, this is something you can use for a keepsake. You can place your wedding album, CD’s, video’s or even the bracelet from the hospital from your child’s birth. This is the perfect keepsake chest!
10. Another great way to use the toy trunk or chest is to take the hinges off the top lid and make a clock to display from the wall. You can buy a clock that is fairly cheap at a local retail store. You can go to your local craft store and purchase arms and numbers to create your own clock design. I have found that Gorilla Glue is the best type of glue when working with wood products.
11. A fun way to display your little ones hands and feet is to have them dip their feet in washable paint and apply them in your own design to the wooden toy chest. You can create your own master piece while preserving memories. This is a fun activity to get your children involved. Every time you look at your masterpiece that you have created it will bring back that moment in time.
12. Lastly, you can chop it up and use it for firewood for the winter or even in your fire pit in the summer. Prior to this try donating it your neighbor’s kids or local Goodwill.
There are a variety of ways you can use the wooden toy chest in your home if your toddler has outgrown theirs or you are looking for a unique way of storing items that doesn’t look like clutter.
My favorite and most creative way to reuse the wooden toy chest is to take the top lid off the hinges and glue a mirror around the inner layer. You can add flowers for a nice added decor. You can hang the top in the entryway of the home or at the bottom of the staircase. Place the base of the trunk under it and add a beautiful potted plant for an elegant look.
write by Gerda